If you’re looking for a blueberry pancake recipe that not only tastes fantastic but is also healthy for you, then you’ve come to the right place. While just about any sort of recipe that includes pancakes will be awesome, there are very few that will actually provide health benefits. The best part is that it’s extremely quick and easy to make.
What You’ll Need
In order to make this particular pancake recipe you’ll need a few ingredients. Here’s the list.
- A half a teaspoon of baking powder
- One-third of a cup of wild blueberries (either frozen or fresh)
- A quarter-cup each of sea salt, tapioca flour, coconut flour and almond flour (it’s important to use blanched almond flour rather than almond meal)
- A tablespoon of coconut oil
- A teaspoon of vanilla
- Two large eggs fortified with omega-3
- One lemon
- The zest of one lemon
Take an 8-inch pie pan and spray the inside lightly with olive oil, and then preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put all of the ingredients – except the blueberries – in a blender and then mix until everything is a smooth consistency. Then pour the batter into the pan, sprinkle the blueberries throughout, and put it in the oven. The pancakes will be ready in about 25 minutes or when they’re firm in the middle and a light golden-brown color around the edges.
What Makes Blueberries So Good for You?
If you’ve ever had a blueberry muffin, you know how great that tastes. But whether you get them through muffins, a pancake recipe or anything else, it’s very important that you make blueberries a staple of your diet. The following are just a few of the many health benefits you might enjoy as a result:
- Improved skin – Blueberries are rich in vitamin C, which helps protect the skin from damage because of exposure to the sun’s harmful rays. Vitamin C is also believed to help reduce wrinkling and improve the overall texture of the skin.1
- Brain health – There is some evidence that blueberries could help protect us from a decline in our cognitive abilities. In one study, a group of adults diagnosed with mild cognitive decline received either a placebo or a daily serving of blueberries for 120 days. At the end of the study, researchers found that those who consumed blueberries not only exhibited improvement in cognitive performance, but also overall improvement in the functioning of their brains. The placebo group, on the other hand, showed no improvement. 2
- Lowered blood pressure – Blueberries are also filled with calcium, potassium and magnesium, which studies show can reduce your risk of developing hypertension, or high blood pressure. In addition, they don’t have any sodium, which is a major contributing factor to hypertension. 3
- Heart health – Blueberries are low in cholesterol and high in fiber, vitamin B6, potassium and vitamin C. They also contain anthocyanins. These substances are not only heart-healthy, they are what give blueberries their color. A study showed that women who eat blueberries on a regular basis are much less likely to suffer a heart attack.4
- Stronger bones – You already know that the calcium in blueberries can help keep your bones healthy and strong, but the fruit also contains other nutrients that support bone health. These include vitamin K, zinc, phosphorous, magnesium and manganese. Vitamin K is especially important for bone health because it helps the body absorb calcium.5
- Diabetes management – Studies have shown that the fiber found in blueberries can help make it easier for diabetics to manage their levels of blood glucose.6 In addition, studies show that consuming three daily servings of blueberries could help reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by as much as 10 percent.
- Digestive system benefits – Fiber-rich foods such as blueberries can help you maintain regular bowel movements, reducing the chances you’ll have to deal with constipation. They also provide a fuller feeling, which means there’s less of a chance you’ll overindulge.
These are just a few of the reasons that you should not only put our blueberry pancake recipe to use, but you should also commit to making blueberries an important staple of your diet.
There are thousands of probiotics Amazon to choose from, and it seems like every time you turn on your TV you’re seeing some sort of ad for a probiotic supplement. So, why all the fuss? What’s so great about these products that you need to rush out and buy them? Here’s a look at what probiotics are, and what the science says about their potential health benefits.
Amazon Probiotics – The Basics
If you’re researching probiotics Amazon, you will see that there are somewhere around 4,000 entries. But before you spend your hard-earned money, it’s important that you know what these products are and what they may be able to do for you.
Even though you don’t know it, there’s a war going on in your gastrointestinal tract, also known as the “gut.” Trillions of bacteria and other microbes are doing battle for control over your general health. There are harmful bacteria, the ones that cause several types of diseases, but there are also beneficial bacteria that are doing their best to keep the “bad guys” in check.
Sometimes the good bacteria can use a little help in the form of reinforcements. Stress and other issues can deplete their numbers, as can taking antibiotics. That’s where probiotics come into the picture. Quality probiotics Amazon are filled with different strains of beneficial bacteria, and they can help replenish those that might have been lost for different reasons.
There are several different foods that contain probiotic bacteria, such as kefir, miso, sauerkraut, yogurt, and others. But it would probably be pretty difficult to just go to your local grocery store and grab some miso. And most people would find it nearly impossible to eat enough probiotic-rich foods to keep a steady supply of beneficial bacteria in their system.
As a result, probiotic supplements have flooded the market. The most popular types of supplements come in capsule form because they’re the most convenient to use. But some people prefer mixing a probiotic powder into a liquid or simply pouring a probiotic drink into a glass. There are even chewable products, such as gummies.
Bacterial Strains Found in High-Quality Probiotics Amazon
Whatever form of probiotic supplement you choose, you should know what kinds of good microbes you should be putting into your gut. These are just some of the ones that research indicates could be good for your health.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus — This is one of the most important strains of beneficial bacteria – it should be included in all probiotic supplements. L. acidophilus plays a vital role in helping to inhibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria in the gut.1
- Lactobacillus plantarum – L. plantarum is also critically important to your gut health, as it has been shown to help reduce symptoms associated with irritable bowel syndrome.2
- Lactobacillus reuteri – L. reuteri was actually one of the first strains of beneficial bacteria that developed in your gut, since it is found in breast milk. Not only does it work to inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria, research indicates it can also help support proper functioning of the digestive system.3
- Bifidobacterium longum — The Lactobacillus group of bacteria isn’t the only one that could provide significant health benefits. B. longum, for example, is another strain that develops in infancy. It helps to make sure we’re able to metabolize carbohydrates and digest them properly.4
Probiotics Amazon – Getting What You Pay For
Since there are so many options to choose from, it can be extremely difficult to make sure you’re not wasting your money. But if you do just a little bit of research, you’ll find it much easier to make your decision.
For example, look carefully at the labels of the products you’re considering. The information you find will give you a good idea whether or not it those products will be worth buying.
Check to see how many colony-forming units (CFUs) of beneficial bacteria are contained per serving. A “serving” can mean different things when it comes to Amazon probiotics. It could be a capsule, a portion of powder to be mixed into a liquid, a certain amount of a drink, etc. Probiotics range from 1 billion CFUs per serving to hundreds of billions. However, most experts believe that 15-30 billion CFUs per serving is a sufficient amount.
The label will also provide important clues as to whether the microbes contained in the product will be able to do you any good. If it says, “viable at the time of manufacture,” you won’t have any idea whether or not the microbes will be alive when you ingest them. On the other hand, you should be fine if the label says, “viable until expiration date,” or something to that effect.
Storage information is also vital. Some products need to be refrigerated in order for the microbes to stay alive, and their labeling should say so. There are others, however, that are freeze-dried. These just need to be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
It’s also important that you look at the label if you choose to buy a powder. If it says, “heat resistant,” you can mix it into a hot beverage, such as tea. But if it doesn’t, the microbes will die if they come into contact with hot liquid.
If you’re in generally good overall health, you shouldn’t experience any serious side effects from taking probiotics Amazon. At worst, you might have a little gas or bloating. But you will definitely need to talk to your doctor first if you have a compromised immune system or you have a severe intestinal illness. The reason is that probiotics can make symptoms worse in some instances. Just make sure you stay on the safe side.
While there are a lot of things you need to keep in mind before buying Amazon probiotics, you’ll find that just a little bit of digging beforehand can help ensure you get what you pay for.
After talking to a group of CFA students and qualified CFA teachers we’ve narrowed down the most common mistakes CFA candidates make or are most likely to make:
Not maintaining your time
This is one of the most common and biggest mistakes CFA level 1 students tend to make. 300 hours is a minimum but there’s no harm in studying for more. Work up a CFA Level 1 Study Plan and try your best to follow it.
Not using your time wisely
It’s not about how much time you have it’s more of how you sue that time. 300 hours may not be the most efficient way, focus on proactive study techniques that force you to actively engage with what you’re learning. Self-testing is ideal, using flashcards, quizzes, or practice questions.
Not studying regularly
If you only study when you are free it may affect your preparation for the CFA level 1 exam. Try fitting in short study sessions in your everyday schedule. That’s why CFA materials are known to be “bite size.”
Not making a study plan
If you don’t have a CFA Level 1 Study Plan your preparation will have no track. You won’t know how much time to give to which topics and what needs more focus.
Using wrong study materials
This is one of the key steps of passing your CFA level 1 exams but many students seem to get it wrong. The most common mistake CFA Level 1 students make is either to rely on the curriculum completely, or not to use it at all. The former is inefficient, as it’s not condensing your knowledge. The latter means your study insignificant and you can’t be sure you know everything you need to know for the exams.
Not revising as you progress
This is one of the most common mistake CFA level 1 candidates make, they think as long as they progress with the syllabus they are doing okay, but you need to keep revising as so move along.
Making your study plan inflexible
It’s likely that you may need to skip a study session, so if your CFA Level 1 Study Plan isn’t flexible it will be hard for you to maintain it. Once your schedules time has passed it’s hard to reschedule. Make sure your CFA Level 1 Study Plan is flexible enough to allocate changes whenever needed. If you decide to study a particular chapter for 1 week, 8 hours every week and you skip a session you can add it to the remaining days and even it out.
Not studying in a suitable setup
If you’re at home in your pjs and sit to study it is likely for you to take unnecessary breaks and feel the need to want to sleep. Try studying in a place where you can do nothing else besides studying, maybe a library.
9) Not studying troublesome topics
It’s natural that we try to avoid topics that we have a hard time understanding, but you can’t do that for the CFA level 1 exams. If you think of saving the hardest for the last, you might run out of time and not be able to focus on major topics such as FRA and Quantitative Methods. Be strict about scheduling in time for each area of the curriculum, and ensure you stick to it. I always prefer to get the most challenging areas out of the way first instead of letting them loom over you.
10) Not studying Ethics
Another common mistake, Ethics is beneficial for all levels of the CFA exams. It has been said that if you don’t study ethics you may not be able to pass the CFA exams.
11) Not making a realistic plan
You definitely need to study but having a healthy social life is also important, that does not mean you can always put off studies for other things you may have to do. Design a realistic plan that you can stick to.
12) Studying too much
You obviously need to study a lot for the CFA level 1 exam, but don’t overwork yourself. If you overwork yourself you may end up getting very frustrated right before the exams which will have a very bad impact on your exams. You need to look after yourself mentally and physically, and that means taking time for yourself too. Whatever it is you enjoy, make time for it on a regular basis. You can’t survive without soul food.
13) Not taking the right materials
After all the effort if you don’t carry all the required materials it would be a shame. Make sure you bring your passport, your exam admission ticket, an approved calculator and No. 2 or HB pencils. Don’t forget to check in advance that your passport name, number and expiry date match those on your admission ticket or you won’t be able to sit the exam. Carry whatever is allowed and that makes you comfortable.
14) Not knowing how your calculator works
Familiarize yourself with the required calculator, this will save you a lot of time and trouble. The CFA level 1 exam is very lengthy and no time can be wasted.
15) Not arriving on time
You need to arrive at least an hour before your scheduled time. Doors close half an hour before the scheduled start time, and check-in starts an hour before. If you arrive more than half an hour past the scheduled start of a session, you won’t be allowed to enter at all.
16) Not prepping yourself
The CFA level 1 exam is very lengthy. It has 240 multiple choice questions split into 2 papers with 3 hours each leaving you with 1.5 mins per question. Practice as many mock papers as you possibly can, this will help you time yourself.
Be it mental or physical, don’t do it! Don’t eat a heavy meal right before the exam, it may make you feel sleepy or worse give you a stomach ache. Don’t leave any studying for the break you will have, try to relax.
18) Listening to others
Don’t let other students freak you out during the 2 hour break. Have confidence in your preparations and avoid discussing with others.
19) Getting nervous
Don’t get nervous because of the environment, it may prevent you from giving it your best. Stress can be partially mitigated by having had previous exam experience. And no, I don’t mean if you’ve already failed. I mean by sitting a practice paper in proper exam conditions.
20) Don’t take the CFA exams lightly
The CFA exams are not impossible but they aren’t a walk-in the park either. Don’t be over confident and think you’ll pass, the pass rates are only 40%. So take your time preparing and try to realize the level of effort and dedication needed to get through these exams.
There’s no doubt that the CFA exams are difficult and even after dedicating long hours for preparation the chances of getting through is not assured. But, according to one in five candidates it can be done.
There is no secret way to success with the CFA exams but if you can organize, have a CFA Level 1 Study plan and work accordingly you just might make the cut. Having an organized CFA Level 1 Study plan is one of the key factors to succeed on all levels of the exams.
Here’s what you need to do to make it on your first attempt:
Key 1: Prepare a well structured CFA Level 1 Study Plan
Get a head start
The CFA institute approximates a minimum of 250 hours of self study is required for each exam in order to pass. On average every candidate studied for an average of 308 hours to get through all level of exams. If you have six months you need to maintain at least 12 hours of study time per week. You are required to make most of the materials, thoroughly revise and constantly test yourself.
Preview the contents
After you register for each level you receive a set of courses that has been separated for 18 separate study periods. Make sure you are familiar with the content that has been provided so it is easier for you to study.
Design a convenient CFA Level 1 Study Plan
Take out your colorful highlighters and your fun sticky notes and prepare a schedule, you could also do this on excel. Schedule your study sessions in such a way that you still have a month left before the exams, making it easier for you to revise your work. Also try adding revision days to your schedule.
Make a list of topics that need to be revised
If you can maintain a list of topics you find difficult or often make mistakes in so you can individually focus on each of them. This should not affect your revision of other materials.
Key2: Work up a solid study plan
Focus on “Learning outcome statements” (LOS)
The CFA Institute defines LOS as “knowledge, skills and abilities that you should be able to relate after finishing reading all the material that are linked. To master each LOS, develop an outline and write down any important terms, definitions and formulas relating to each one. It’s easier to remember things once written down as you revise.
Flashcards are designed to specify to the point, this will make it easier for you to remember key points. Carry them around as they are a better option than carrying around all the CFA study materials.
Try memory technique
Mnemonic procedures, like for example taking the first letter from every word to form one word is a great technique. There are other tricks as well, such as catchy slogans. For example, “SiP a CoKe” can be used to remind you of option put-call parity: The prices of a Stock + the Put = those of the Call + the present value of the striKe price. Also, don’t forget to take the significance of auditory memory cues into thought.
Sort your focus on quantitative and qualitative information
Whilst studying quantitative material working on problems is important. After thoroughly studying the concept and solving the questions then come back to the study material for better understanding. Read qualitative subjects, such as ethics or behavioral finance before working on any problems. Try engaging in the reading material as if you are enjoying an interesting novel. This will make scenario based questions enjoyable to read.
Practice as many questions as possible
Use the curriculum provided by the CFA Institute to show which problems you must work on. Widen your horizons and work on extra problems from other study materials.
Used a permitted calculator
Time is crucial when sitting for the CFA exams; if you familiarize yourself with the permitted calculator it will help you save time.
Keep yourself determined
After the long hard preparation think of the rewards and titles that will come along with it!
Maintain a well oriented lifestyle
Eat right, sleep on time and stay active. Studies have proved how much distress an unhealthy lifestyle can cause us. “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”
Maintain your timings so you have time to revise
Even though you must be revising as you progress but you still need a solid month for revision of everything.
Make use of online assessments to be certain of your strong and weak points, this willc help you know what needs attention.
Pretend you’re in the exam hall
If you’re used to working on excel you might run into time management issues, so work like you would in the actual exam.
Do a Test Run
The Saturday before the exam, drive down to where you will be taking the test and check out the site. Determine where you will park and the quickest way to get from there to the exam room.
Devote time to yourself
Take a few days off and assess yourself, learn what you need to know with no interruptions. Take it one task at a time to keep from getting stressed.
Plan your exam day
Get plenty of rest the day before the exam, indulge yourself to a nice meal and just take it easy. Remember to pack all your necessary items like your pens, pencils, erasers, calculators etc.
The “Big day”
Get up as early as possible and treat yourself to a good breakfast. Try reviewing one last time, you can start from the easy concepts and work your way up. Try not to engage in conversations about the exam as if might hurt your confidence. Leave with plenty time to avoid any sort of delay.
The CFA is clearly no walk in the park, you need to put in a lot of work along with proper organization and planning, then only you can hope to succeed.
To begin with, we should express the obvious– photography is an incredible camera, right??? (Ahem, indicate: wrong.) I’d say that is one gigantic misguided judgment about photography, despite the fact that I do hear things like this constantly:
“Goodness, how delightful! Your camera is so pleasant!”
“Your camera takes such decent pictures!!!!”
As one of the Las Vegas wedding photographers I totally LOVE my camera (truly, it’s my child. I love it.) And wouldn’t consider shooting weddings with anything besides proficient review hardware, I need to state: a pleasant camera is not what truly matters to photography. Ansel Adams wholes up my musings flawlessly.
If I somehow managed to offer counsel yearning for picture takers out there, I would urge them to make sense of what photography intends to them. Try not to stress over getting the most pleasant, freshest, sleekest, most-megapixel-est, most-whatever-est available. You can be a fruitful craftsman by characterizing your individual photographic style. What does photography intend to you? What drives your enthusiasm? What story would you like to tell? What makes your motivation? How would you depict your aesthetic vision?
Try not to trust me? WELL. Here’s evidence. Being one of those Las Vegas wedding photographers I have purchased the CHEAPEST CAMERA I could locate (a dispensable Kodak film camera!) and confided in my style and ability as a craftsman. I depended on accessible light, my vision and a dinky little discard camera to report the magnificence of somebody. These pictures are straight from the CD I got at Walgreens only a couple of minutes back. It is a little bit of plastic camera. I am happy to be one of the Las Vegas wedding photographers I have the capacity to deliver tolerable work of art regardless of how “pleasant” the camera is. Here’s the outcome:
All in all, what does photography intend to ME?
- Light. Pictures are a documentation of light. I utilize all natural light to make beautiful photographs from what’s as of now there. (That is correct. I attempt and get my photos as ravishing, all things considered, as I can– I don’t utilize photoshop on 99.99% of my pictures.)
- Stories. I long to recount individuals’ romantic tales through my view! The way he takes a look at her, the way he makes her grin, the way the bright daylight touches them as they walk as an integral unit it’s about the story and feeling of the general population before the camera. Taking them into the best light and recording their excellent story? That is the thing that makes a photo for me.
- Vision. I think the individual behind the camera has the greatest effect on what pictures turned out. Like a wedding, representation, and way of life picture taker, I’d jump at the chance to think I have one of a kind vision of catching minutes. If there were many picture takers all capturing a certain something, odds are, none of them would be precisely the same. My customers procure me to recount their romantic tale through my vision. It is my identity, style, motivation and technique. It is their day, their affection, their style, their story. It’s a delightful blend that isn’t right for everybody, except it’s appropriate for my customers and me.
So go out there and shoot your heart out in your way, with whatever sort of camera you have!
Haha, and only for the amusingness of it, here are some of the background shots that my hubby Dan got. I continued neglecting to rewind the camera, continued attempting to check my settings, and even take a look at what I saw. That little orange box!