If you’re looking for a blueberry pancake recipe that not only tastes fantastic but is also healthy for you, then you’ve come to the right place. While just about any sort of recipe that includes pancakes will be awesome, there are very few that will actually provide health benefits. The best part is that it’s extremely quick and easy to make.
What You’ll Need
In order to make this particular pancake recipe you’ll need a few ingredients. Here’s the list.
- A half a teaspoon of baking powder
- One-third of a cup of wild blueberries (either frozen or fresh)
- A quarter-cup each of sea salt, tapioca flour, coconut flour and almond flour (it’s important to use blanched almond flour rather than almond meal)
- A tablespoon of coconut oil
- A teaspoon of vanilla
- Two large eggs fortified with omega-3
- One lemon
- The zest of one lemon
Take an 8-inch pie pan and spray the inside lightly with olive oil, and then preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Put all of the ingredients – except the blueberries – in a blender and then mix until everything is a smooth consistency. Then pour the batter into the pan, sprinkle the blueberries throughout, and put it in the oven. The pancakes will be ready in about 25 minutes or when they’re firm in the middle and a light golden-brown color around the edges.
What Makes Blueberries So Good for You?
If you’ve ever had a blueberry muffin, you know how great that tastes. But whether you get them through muffins, a pancake recipe or anything else, it’s very important that you make blueberries a staple of your diet. The following are just a few of the many health benefits you might enjoy as a result:
- Improved skin – Blueberries are rich in vitamin C, which helps protect the skin from damage because of exposure to the sun’s harmful rays. Vitamin C is also believed to help reduce wrinkling and improve the overall texture of the skin.
- Brain health – There is some evidence that blueberries could help protect us from a decline in our cognitive abilities. In one study, a group of adults diagnosed with mild cognitive decline received either a placebo or a daily serving of blueberries for 120 days. At the end of the study, researchers found that those who consumed blueberries not only exhibited improvement in cognitive performance, but also overall improvement in the functioning of their brains. The placebo group, on the other hand, showed no improvement.
- Lowered blood pressure – Blueberries are also filled with calcium, potassium and magnesium, which studies show can reduce your risk of developing hypertension, or high blood pressure. In addition, they don’t have any sodium, which is a major contributing factor to hypertension.
- Heart health – Blueberries are low in cholesterol and high in fiber, vitamin B6, potassium and vitamin C. They also contain anthocyanins. These substances are not only heart-healthy, they are what give blueberries their color. A study showed that women who eat blueberries on a regular basis are much less likely to suffer a heart attack.
- Stronger bones – You already know that the calcium in blueberries can help keep your bones healthy and strong, but the fruit also contains other nutrients that support bone health. These include vitamin K, zinc, phosphorous, magnesium and manganese. Vitamin K is especially important for bone health because it helps the body absorb calcium.
- Diabetes management – Studies have shown that the fiber found in blueberries can help make it easier for diabetics to manage their levels of blood glucose. In addition, studies show that consuming three daily servings of blueberries could help reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by as much as 10 percent.
- Digestive system benefits – Fiber-rich foods such as blueberries can help you maintain regular bowel movements, reducing the chances you’ll have to deal with constipation. They also provide a fuller feeling, which means there’s less of a chance you’ll overindulge.
These are just a few of the reasons that you should not only put our blueberry pancake recipe to use, but you should also commit to making blueberries an important staple of your diet.
- Will CBD or CBD Products Get You High? June 2, 2020
- CBD and Endocannabinoid System May 31, 2020
- CBD Full Spectrum vs Isolate May 30, 2020
- Is CBD Legal? An Updated 2020 Legal Guide May 27, 2020
- What Is CBD Oil?: Everything You Need To Know About May 24, 2020